|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Hymn to the SunHymn to the Sun
1. How is it that your brilliance metamorphoses to serve us in life and splendor?
2. Why is it that your loving heat incubates our egg of a planet,
3. Unending, until we ready ourselves to hatch and fly out into greater space?
4. Through proxy, you have provided us terrestrials with sustenance,
5. And our sustenance with sustenance,
6. Both in the most literal and mental of senses.
7. You fuel all our endeavors, hopes and dreams,
8. As well as our very lives.
9. What would this world be without the ever-present care you provide?
10. A cold, desolate wasteland of frozen oceans and barren stone
11. In a land where the atmosphere drifts poisonous over unexplored continents,
12. And telluric life huddles close to crevices of Earth's crust
13. In close proximity to the cooling mantle, simple yet lasting?
14. But no, through your backing we all sprouted forth to rise above the ocean floor
15. And on to colonize the lush oxidized landscapes.
16. Our only purpose in
How It Began"God, your two o'clock is here."
"I have a two o'clock?"
"He's been here since 7:45. I figured it's only polite to... sir."
God sighed. "Fine, send him in."
While He waited God cleared His desk of papers and blueprints; no need for outsiders to see His plans. Soon enough the door to His office opened and God stood, smiled, held out a hand towards one of the two visitor's chairs.
"God! Great stuff you're doing in sector 2-7-0! Great stuff!"
The man's hands were clammy, his handshake limp. Rumpled suit, porkpie hat, briefcase... oh Jes-- oh dear, a salesman. God's smile slipped a little but He soldiered on gamely. With luck He could shoo the poor guy away in a few minutes.
"So, what can I do for you?"
The man sat, briefcase across his knees. "Sector 2-7-0! Everyone's talking about it! What do you call it? Man and merman?"
"Man and woman, actually. And thanks. But we're pretty busy around here, and..."
"Oh! Right! No time for the wicked, eh?" The salesman winked and popped his briefcase,
Keep in Touch!
scheinbar is a much-loved and well-known deviant. Just one look at her gallery, filled with enchanting photography, will have you mesmerized. A deviant for over 7 years, Christiane can always be found posting inspirational features as well as regularly commenting on other deviations and encouraging and empowering her fellow deviants. We are inspired and insist that you too stop by and congratulate ... Read More